Tuesday, June 2, 2015

What I Wrote/Am Writing

Been awhile, indeed.

If you don't know me on Facebook, then perhaps you don't know I wrote this article for the Huffington Post.

Go take a look. Like and share please!

As usual, I have perfectly legitimate excuses for not updating the blog as frequently as I'd like. For starters, there's the four kids and the part time job.

But also, I've been putting the finishing touches on a book. Yes, a book! And by finishing touches, I mean, it's written! But it still needs editing, a layout and a cover. I decided to go the self-publishing route, which means all of that craziness is on me. It's a steep learning curve, that's for sure.

I'll be back soon with more, on writing and life.


6 comments:

Natasha said... [Reply]

I'm so excited about your book! What's the timeline for publishing? I hope there's a Kindle version. :)

Congratulations on 16 years in the FS (and 20 years of marriage!).

Popster said... [Reply]

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Ficklin said... [Reply]

You're an excellent writer. I remember reading your other article, The Evil and the Good; both this one and the previous one really moved me. I'm just starting out in the foreign service, four years into my marriage, ready to face this life together.

Nomads By Nature said... [Reply]

Such exciting times for you! Can't wait to read your published book!!

hotphotomama said... [Reply]

I am a graphic designer and if you decide that hiring someone to help with the layout and/or cover would be helpful, please feel free to contact me for more information. I love following your blog and think this could be an amazing project.

Whitney said... [Reply]

Amazing article. Inspirationall

Please. Write your own stuff.