Saturday, April 11, 2015

Signs of Spring

Last week it was still wintry. In fact, just two days ago, the wind was so cold that it turned rain into snow midair as I drove to the airport to pick up my parents.

But today it is 57 degrees.

It is 6pm as I type this, and the sun is still high in the sky, blasting me in the eyes. The windows are wide open. (Though admittedly I'm wearing a sweater. I'm not an idiot!)

I looked out my back door, and this is was I saw, sprouting next to our teeny little patio:



Isn't that the most amazing flower you've ever seen? And I had no idea it was there, waiting to sprout up, during that dark cold winter of ours. Right outside my door, it waited for me. The metaphor is just pathetically obvious.

I am so ready for sunshine, for spring.

I took my parents down to the Arbat yesterday, to look around at the old buildings and try out some Russian food. Today the whole family went to Patriarch's Pond and then out to lunch. Big adventures are coming up over the next few weeks!




0 comments:

Please. Write your own stuff.