Monday, April 13, 2015

Novodevichy

So today I took my parents to Novodevichy. I've blogged about this place before: it's one of my favorite sites in all of Moscow - and conveniently located down the street from Mama Zoya's, an awesome Georgian restaurant.

We took Ainsley and Aidan - the other two stayed home. We met up with some friends to tour the cemetery and then parted ways for lunch (though Aidan went with them - I guess they were more fun than us!)

Outside the cemetery gate.

Boris Yeltsin's grave site.

I guess if you have to be dead, this isn't such a bad place to be dead in.

Monastery guard tower, with church in the background.

Grave marker, but I don't know for whom.

Monument to victims of a plane crash.

Raisa Gorbacheva's grave site.


Inside the monastery.


Church wall detail.


Nana and Bampa.

Love this cute little church.


Outside the building where the Regent Sophia was imprisoned by Peter the Great.

The stove in Sophia's prison.
And that's it. No idea yet what's planned for tomorrow.

1 comments:

Brighid said... [Reply]

I don't comment much, but I do read each post, and enjoy them immensely. The stories behind the pics are interesting. Thank You.

Please. Write your own stuff.