Thursday, May 8, 2014

What Six Looks Like

My baby is SIX!

May, 2014.

The theme of this year's birthday (aided by our impending pack out, which requires us to get rid of approximately 418 pounds of cake sprinkles) was SPRINKLES! ALL THE SPRINKLES!!!

(Because ALLCAPS! That's pretty much how Ainsley talks these days.)

She decorated her own cupcakes for her classmates, and her own cake for her family. We still have one pound of SPRINKLES left.

For dinner, she requested sushi. And how awesome is it when your kids are old enough to ask for something other than pizza on their special day? Because I got to be the BEST MOM EVER! And also? I got to eat sushi.

Of course, I also had to down a stomach-cramping pile o sprinkles. Blech...

That right there is more FD&C red than any one person should consume in a year.

With her daddy at her school celebration.

Trying on a new birthday dress.
She loves that daddy of hers.
.... the dog, too.
2/3 of the family is actually smiling for the camera. An impressive statistic.

She says her favorite color is "pink-and-purple." And when she grows up, she wants to be a pop star.

She wasn't always this big, you know. I may have spent much of the day looking over old photos.

No idea where this was taken. But I love her little arm around my shoulder...

Great Wall of China, 2010.
Hong Kong, 2010. That tummy...
Hong Kong, 2010.
Baby's first ice chair, Beijing, 2010.
Yes. I took my baby out on a frozen lake and rode around on that rusty contraption.
That's me: Mother of the Year, every year....
Longqing Gorge, China.
Easter,  2010, Beijing.
At our going away party in Beijing. Summer, 2010.
The Citadel, Amman, 2010.
Jerash, 2011.
Iraq al Ameer, 2011.
Petra, 2011.
Petra, 2011.
Her 3rd birthday party, here in Amman. 2011.
Tel Aviv, 2014.

3 comments:

Nomads By Nature said... [Reply]

Aww too cute! Happy Birthday to your new 6. It does go by too quickly, doesn't it?

Deborah said... [Reply]

That one you don't know where it was taken...was at remlinger farm!

Popster said... [Reply]

Remlinger farm it is and happy mother's day to the leader of the brood, whoops I mean band.

Please. Write your own stuff.