Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Old Lady

I've been struggling all week to write something meaningful and profound for my sister's birthday. The problem is, we have nothing but inside jokes between us. So I can't possibly write anything that anyone else would understand.

But my sister, she is awesome. We finish each other's sentences, laugh at the same dumb jokes, complain about all the same annoying things. She's smart and funny and beautiful and a complete and total whack job. If you are privileged, as I am, to call her your friend, you are lucky indeed.

Growing up, though, she was a real pain in the ass. I'm glad she grew out of that phase after 20+ years.

Happy birthday, Dev.  Can't wait to hit the gym and the Starbucks drive-thru with you this summer. Perhaps multiple times each day.





1 comments:

Deborah said... [Reply]

I've never met your sister, but she sounds too good to be true. And you're right, she's a knockout! Also, does "gym" mean "sushi" and "Starbucks" mean "STV"? Because I feel like there is a hidden code there.
Sincerely, "Anonymous"

Please. Write your own stuff.