Monday, February 17, 2014

Tel Aviv

He arrived on Thursday morning. On Friday, we packed up and headed to Tel Aviv. So much to say, but frankly, it's past my bedtime. Suffice to say, it was a nice little trip, with beaches and good food and lots of wandering around, just spending time catching up as a family.

Back in Amman now, with kids back in school and life moving forward.

More from me later; for now, enjoy the photos. Sorry - I tried to caption them, but blogger on an iPad is about as worthless as, well, as my waste-of-space, doesn't-connect-to-the-Internet iMac. So you'll just have to guess what you're looking at, mostly.



Seashell hunting.


The view from our hotel room...








As the bloggess says, "a hug is just a strangle you haven't finished yet." They look awfully cute, don't they? Yet they pretty much fought their way across Israel.




Walk under the arch and get your wish, we were told. Ainsley wished to be "a beautiful Barbie princess." Not gonna tell you what I wished for...





Hummus from Abu Hassan, I think it's called. Really worth the search.
I tried to snap some shots along the border, but I don't think you get the full effect of what a moonscape it truly is - partly because it was pouring as we drove through, so it wasn't quite as white and dusty as usual.

"Military Zone No Entry." Also, the yellow sign warned that there may be a few landmines scattered about. I guess they really don't want you going down that road. 


1 comments:

Betsy said... [Reply]

Looks like a wonderful trip! So glad your husband is home to spend time with you and your beautiful family.

Please. Write your own stuff.