Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I don't even know where to start.

"You know," he said, "if you keep up this pace, you'll set a record by the end of the year."

I will? Do tell!

"Yes. A record for the least blog posts ever since you started your blog."

Oh. That. Yes, well...

I love that my husband encourages me to blog, even though it still isn't a widely accepted activity in the Department. They're getting there, slowly slowly. But not yet.

Still, he reminds me to do it more often, and he's right. I love blogging. I love having a record of my days, even if it's not, technically speaking, complete, because the open nature of onlineyness makes me nervous sometimes. (Look it up. It's a word.)

But the thing is, I'm kind of busy right now.

I already told you we went to Tel Aviv for a long weekend.

When we came back, we packed Seamus up and sent him off to Singapore for a Model United Nations conference. It's tough to be an international school kid, no? He had to learn to tie a tie.




While Seamus was gone, Bart played a lot of baseball with the other kids. It'll be Kyra's first season, so she needs to study up. It's also the start of after school activities at school, and the kids needed Bart to go check on some of their classes. Aidan is enrolled in soccer and ping pong. Ainsley has gymnastics, tae kwon do and cooking club.  Kyra is in basketball, soccer and gymnastics. (And yes, she did wear jeans over a dress under a sweater for gymnastics. No idea why.)




Oh, and Seamus made the JV track team.


(This is starting to read like one of those braggy Christmas letters, isn't it? Sorry! But I told you - we've been busy.)

I farmed the kids out to neighbors (thanks Cantaloupe and Paleo families!) so I could take Bart to the Dead Sea to celebrate his birthday. He missed his last birthday because he was in DC training for his Iraq assignment. That, coupled with the fact that this is a "big" birthday, meant we needed to do it up in style. We got massages, sat by the pool, hung out in the spa... I don't know if he liked his birthday, but I sure did.




His actual birthday was yesterday. I made his favorite dinner, along with brownie ice cream sundaes with homemade frozen yogurt, hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and blueberry sauce because apparently I tend to overdo things when it comes to food-related celebrations. Who knew?


Seamus had only just arrived home from Singapore; he managed to stay awake for some birthday photos but then staggered off to bed with no dessert at all.

What else? Bart spent part of a day reading in Kyra's classroom his first day in town; he read to Ainsley's class yesterday.



We've also been to the gym, the doctor, the dentist, the coffee shop, the movie theater, the mall, the...

Never mind. I need a nap.








1 comments:

Deborah said... [Reply]

Glad you are having fun! :-)

Please. Write your own stuff.