Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween. Again.

Every year the school hosts a huge "Spooktacular" event to celebrate Halloween. The kids all love it: cotton candy, and games, and bouncy castles and everything exciting.

It was supposed to be yesterday, but the freak storm that blew through ruined that, so they rescheduled for today. (That storm I mentioned yesterday? It was no joke. The picture in this article was taken not far from my house. Go look. I'll wait.)

There was a fortune teller. I burst into laughter when she looked at Ainsley's hand and said she was "active." Really, fortune teller lady? No one should have to pay for that. But okay. Kyra was excited to learn that one day she'll have two kids of her own, a boy and a girl. Ainsley was told she'll have two boys. "Two boys?" she whined, disgusted.

The girls ate way too much cotton candy. (I might have helped.) I'm not sure about the boys. They both volunteered to help run the games for the first half of the event, and after that mostly they disappeared until the end.

Tomorrow is a school day, a work day. But I still need a weekend to relax. And this week is going to be crazy busy. I'm pretty sure you'll see us in the news soon. Good times.

Enjoy the photos.  I'm working off of the blogger app on my iPad (because my evil iMac refuses to connect to the Internet anymore), and I can't figure out how to caption the photos. Anyone out there have any ideas? Oh, well, you'll just have to guess who's who. G'night!





2 comments:

Deborah said... [Reply]

LOVE Scott's costume!

Sean Gorman said... [Reply]

Nice job, Donna. All the kids look great and happy.

Please. Write your own stuff.