Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Week So Far

"How was your trip?" my boss asked me on Sunday morning as we walked together to our first meeting of the day.

"It was great!" I replied enthusiastically. "We went to th-"

Right there she cut me off.

"Listen," she said. "Later. There's a lot going on that you need to know about."

And from that moment on, my first week back at work became a mad scramble of phone calls and emails to Washington and press releases gone awry and ohdearlord how many emails are in my in-box, anyway?

I need a vacation.

Remind me some time to tell you the story about how yesterday I was pretty sure the Secretary of State himself was going to fire me. Yes: I'm that good at my job.

Okay but I still kind of secretly love my job. When I'm not busy hating it.

If I could just figure out how to feed my kids and do my job and sleep maybe 7 straight hours, all in a single 24 hour period, my life would be pretty darn good.




0 comments:

Please. Write your own stuff.