Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Month in Pictures

Today Kyra's class performed for the parents in what has to have been the cutest concert ever, anywhere, in the history of the first grade. We took pictures. Lots and lots of pictures.

Tonight, when I sat down to download the pictures, I discovered approximately one bazillion other pictures on my camera. Pictures I'd forgotten taking. My life flashed before my eyes. At least, the last month of my life flashed before my eyes.

No time to blog! I've been busy at work all week, and now tonight I am baking birthday cakes and making treats for the Marines' bake sale. Tomorrow the movers come to box up Bart's Baghdad stuff, so he's running around trying to get organized - and also, for some strange reason, practicing the violin. The kids sense the pressure in the house and have decided to take advantage by going on toothbrushing strikes and demanding extra reading time and more snuggling. Clearly there is much craziness afoot in our household. But I thought I'd toss a few pictures up here while I'm thinking about it.

First off, Easter. I can't believe I didn't post any Easter photos. And I call myself a blogger. For shame. They should kick me out of the bloggers' union.

All together now: awwww.....
To be fair, we do own hairbrushes. But who has time to find them when Easter baskets await?
Still young enough to appreciate a basket full of sugar....

Next up: baseball season. Last weekend was the Amman Little League All-Stars game. Four players from each team were picked to advance to the All-Stars. Shay and his friends S, S and G all made the cut.

Each one cuter than the last...
Both teams, celebrating, at the end of the game. No one seemed to care who won or lost, which was all kinds of awesome.

And finally - today's Carnival of the Animals concert. Kyra was an elephant, as you probably could have guessed.
With her daddy.
My baby turns seven tomorrow. Seven. Amazing.

That's it for now. I have a birthday cake to frost. I made pink frosting. My girly-girl took one look and said "I wanted blue." WTH? We compromised and settled for purple. Purple-ish,anyway. Because red plus blue equals purplish and I was not about to make a fresh batch of frosting at 9 o'clock at night. It might not be the most beautiful cake ever, but it'll still taste pretty damned good.

Back soon, inshallah. Wish me luck getting through the next few crazy days.

0 comments:

Please. Write your own stuff.