Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Guess Where I Am?

You guys.

Seriously.

Guess where I am?

I am sitting on a bed in a hotel room right now.

In Cairo.

No, really. Somehow I convinced my husband that he wanted - no, needed - to go on vacation again with STJ's family. And so we are here, and they are here, and it has been a whole day so far and we are all still friends. Well, except perhaps for Ainsley and CL. She loves that man, truly she does, but she has a strange way of showing it. I guess she knows he's a sucker for her.

Anyway, the ten of us (!) spent most of the day in airports, on airplanes and stuck in traffic. But we did manage to squeeze some shopping in. And some swimming. And some room service. A good day, all in all.

Big plans tomorrow.

Back soon with photos.

2 comments:

Popster said... [Reply]

Please ask Kyra ahd Ainsley to say hi to Queen Nefertiti if they should happen to see her.

Deborah said... [Reply]

I just found your blog today via the list on the AFSA website ... greetings from a Foreign Service wife! My husband and I (and eventually our daughter) spent three years in Cairo, including the first few days of the Revolution, before we were evacuated, and two months after they let us go back. I would love to go back and see what it's like there now. I hope you have a great time there.

Please. Write your own stuff.