Monday, February 11, 2013

"So, you made it through the first week, Donna. How's the second week going so far?"

Funny you should ask.

The second week started off well enough - if by "well enough" you mean that one of your children woke you up at 2 am because he was vomiting uncontrollably.

I mean, there's nowhere but up from there, right?

Riiiight.

Today 75% of my kids are home due to illness of one kind or another. Between them they have: a sore throat, a cough, a stomach ache, a head ache, a runny nose and a serious case of the whines.

It could be fatal.

For me, I mean.

I don't know what sort of medicine will cure what ails them. But I'm pretty sure all I need is some take-out sushi and a good night's sleep. At least one of those things is guaranteed to be mine tonight.


4 comments:

Kate said... [Reply]

Takeout sushi?! Where do you get yours from?

Donna said... [Reply]

@Kate - Lettuce and the Fish in Abdoun. It's pretty good. There's also Sushi Studio - a lot of people order from there, too.

Kate said... [Reply]

This is golden info, thanks!

Kate said... [Reply]

The lettuce and the fish recommendation was a great one. You made a group of Canadians very happy!

Please. Write your own stuff.