Friday, October 19, 2012

Night and Day

I was wide awake at 2 in the morning, thinking things over. I had all but decided to do a "virtual cleanse:" to shutter my blog and disconnect Facebook for awhile. (I know, Kolbi, I know: it would crush you. Believe me when I say that this thought weighed heavily in my nighttime ruminations...)

But then, this morning, I awoke to three new things: an email from my mother-in-law, who had heard some nice things about my blog from a third party and wrote to share them; an email from my mother, who was linking me to an article about staying true to your story and writing through the doubt; and a Halloween care package from fellow blogger Dorothy, whom I've never met in real life, but who took the time to send me a little gift out of the blue.

Thank you all, really. Impeccable timing on your part.

I guess I'll stick around for awhile longer.


6 comments:

Becky said... [Reply]

I'm so glad you're still around. Sorry if anyone is giving your trouble. I'd sure miss your writing.

Anne said... [Reply]

Aren't surprise packages the best? I'm glad you're sticking around.

Dorothy Handelman said... [Reply]

So glad the package arrived! And glad the universe swayed you to keep up your blog!!

Claire said... [Reply]

I'm glad you decided not to leave!

Unknown said... [Reply]

Donna,

I am a long time reader who freams of workng for the FS but I rarely comment on the blogs I read not even on the ones I enjoy the most. Yours is on of the ones I appreciate the most. Your blogs have given me insight into the life in the FS, family life in the FS, and speak the truth about the life.

I am sure this is a busy and consuming time, but I enjoy your writings, style, prose and the stories you tell. I hope you know there are lots of us out there who appreciate you and the stories you share with us. I hope to keep reading your stories for a long time. But if you choose to stop, we will miss you greatly and support your decisions.

With regards,
Kristina

Shannon said... [Reply]

I'm glad you decided to hang around a bit longer, i would miss your writing. I dod understand though, I am still trying to decided what I am going o do, mostly I am just ignoring the blog except to occasional slap a wordless wednesday picture up. Maybe one of these days I will get my blog groove back.

Please. Write your own stuff.