Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween, Two Weeks Early

I have about five posts writing themselves in my head right now, but none are quite ready to join the world.

So instead, here is a photo of Ainsley, dressed for Halloween:


That's right: Halloween. Because the big Eid holiday falls at the end of October this year, the school pushed the usual Halloween celebrations up by a few weeks. Yesterday, Ainsley's class had a Halloween party in their classroom, and she chose to dress up as "baby Ariel" (hence the thumb in the mouth: "that's what babies do, momma").

We'll have a Halloween party at the school this weekend, but I have no idea what the kids are going to wear. I completely slacked off in the costume-ordering department, so they'll have to scrounge something up out of their drawers, I guess.

Since we're celebrating Halloween early, I'm going to link you to a Halloween-themed article I wrote while we were still living in Beijing, all those centuries ago.

And I'll be back soon with another post, just as soon as I figure out what I want to say.


0 comments:

Please. Write your own stuff.