Saturday, August 18, 2012

The First Few Days... In Pictures

If you aren't my kids' grandparents, then maybe you want to avert your eyes. I'll be sending a lot of pictures this way, especially for them. And while I think my children are endlessly fascinating, and they think my children are endlessly fascinating, you might not think so.

There. You've been warned. Annnnd here we go. Let's start with the Pearl show. (My Amman friends call Ainsley "Pearl" - long story for another post.)




Pearl with her Bampa





In every single picture we took, Kyra is digging in the dirt. I can't explain it.

How could you not want to live here?



Shay steers the boat.
Aidan's turn to steer.

...with Uncle Sean.


Who doesn't love a rooftop hot tub?





Then there was the day we went to the La Brea Tar Pits, which I remember from my elementary school field trips. Still as cool as ever.

At the La Brea Tar Pits. Is it ever possible to get all of the kids looking decent in just one shot? No? Okay then. Be sure to check out Pearl's classic expression.

Some of you complain that I never post pictures of myself. Lookee here!



Pearl wrestles an extinct bear...

The Gorman boys...


And of course we spent many a day at the beach....






Our grad school pal Suzik came to visit, along with two other friends who don't want me making them famous on this here world-renowned blog. Go figure.

Pearl thinks Uncle Sean is one giant walking jungle gym.

Dang if these weren't the cutest boys on the beach...





Okay, well, I'm jet lagged and tired and over this blog thing for now. More pictures later for those of you who hung in til the bitter end. For now: nap? Or head out in the sunshine and kick this jet lag? Any votes?

3 comments:

Popster said... [Reply]

I vote for back to the beach.

Popster said... [Reply]

I vote for back to the beach.

Popster said... [Reply]

I stuffed the ballot box ... I voted twice.

Please. Write your own stuff.