Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Success

The trip was a success.

I went to Target and bought all sorts of Target-y stuff. I went to Trader Joes twice and bought all sorts of Joes-y stuff. I bought some Easter candy in case the Easter bunny gets stopped by the U.S. government again this year. I ate as much Asian food of as many varieties as I could stuff into my little face.

In fact, I ate so much that when I went to put on my fancy interview duds for yesterday's test, I could barely zip up my pants. Seriously, people. Just one week in the US and I can't fit in my clothes. Not good.

But I passed! I passed the FSOT. Despite my pants, which seem to be a recurring issue in my quest for gainful employment.

So now I am taking my stuffed-to-the-gills suitcase and dragging myself back to the airport.

Time flies. So, it seems, will I.

Back soon...

18 comments:

Alex said... [Reply]

You find out right away these days? Wow, congrats! Eat some more Trader Joes deliciousness -- well deserved!

Delhibound said... [Reply]

Congratulations!!!!

k @ there is fun to be done said... [Reply]

All that food was brain food! Congrats!

Emily said... [Reply]

Congratulations on passing, that is wonderful.

Melissa V said... [Reply]

Congrats on passing!!!

Jen Ambrose said... [Reply]

Great news! Not about your pants, mind you.

Adrian Pratt said... [Reply]

Congratulations on a job well done. And good planning on the Easter bunny.

Jen said... [Reply]

Congrats (again) and excellent idea re: the Easter candy!

Consul-At-Arms said... [Reply]

Congratulations!

eangela said... [Reply]

Congrats on overcoming all pants issues! We miss you in Amman- hurry home...

Popster said... [Reply]

Some people allow success to go to their heads. Now we know it can go to your pants.

Congratulations.

Daniela Swider said... [Reply]

Wait, was this the FSOT or the FSOA? Congrats either way!!!

eve said... [Reply]

Nicely done, Donna! Safe travels home to your family.

Just US said... [Reply]

Congratulations!! And the fact you were able to eat, shop, eat, and shop while home is fabulous!

Mrs. Dreaming said... [Reply]

Congratulations on passing the test and the nice Russian score.

Bfiles said... [Reply]

FSOA, right?
Either way, congrats on that AND the Russian test! hope to work with you one day!

Heather Dray said... [Reply]

Gonna chime in with the above...Congrats!! Sounds like you've had your share of dead-end EFM jobs (I read through your 'pants' blog entry) and hopefully now that you're freed up a bit, you'll get to do something you've been longing to do! So very happy for you!!

Ingrid said... [Reply]

Wonderful news Donna! Congratulations... I'm studying Arabic now with someone heading to Jordan. So I think of you frequently. ;-)

Please. Write your own stuff.