Saturday, February 18, 2012

Snow!

There is snow on the ground in Amman this morning.

It is only a dusting, more ice than snow. But Aidan, Kyra and Ainsley are outside, bundled into whatever snowy weather outfits they could cobble together from our inadequate-even-then winter clothing collection, trying to have a snowball fight.

The dog is racing around madly, trying to eat the snow.

The cat, like me, is indoors next to the heater, watching the activity from a safe - and warm - distance.

Bart, being Bart, braved the icy hills to go to the gym this morning. Shay, being Shay, is off on another sleepover, missing our snow fight action.

It's warm and quiet inside. I slept in a bit. And I don't have to cook this morning - the kids broke into my marshmallow stash while I slept, so their punishment - and my reward - is no pancakes this morning.

Hot tea, quiet room. I'm going to go enjoy it while I can, because I'm betting this snow will have melted within the hour.



Are those the most impressive snowmen ever or what?

2 comments:

Dorothy Handelman said... [Reply]

Amazing how kids perk up when there is snow.
Maybe you'll relent and let them have marshmallows in their cocoa. Now there's heaven in a mug for a child!
Enjoy your "wintry" weekend- here in the Hudson Valley we are having the mildest winter on record. Not a single snow day! No shortage of disappointed "scholars" around here!!

Heather Dray said... [Reply]

I had no idea it ever snowed in Amman! Brrrr! But if it's fluffy and white and ever so pretty - then I'm honestly jealous. Enjoy it before it melts!

Please. Write your own stuff.