Tuesday, January 24, 2012

QEP: Passed.

That's right. I passed the QEPs. Next up: the Russian language exam and the oral exam.

Go, me.



p.s. It has been brought to my attention by a friend who shall be referred to henceforth only as C.A.L. that my blog has become a bit - how shall I put it?- BORING as of late. Apparently I'm just showing pictures of cute kids and not inserting any witty text or any cliffhangers of any kind.



Cliffhangers, hmmm. Are you ready, C.A.L.? Let's talk Russian test.

If I want to have a shot at getting accepted into the FS (and do I? That's a whole'nother cliffhanger!), I have to prove I can speak Russian. Which, no big deal, because I totally can. Or at least, I could - way back in 2004. Since the last time I've used my Russian, I've studied both Chinese and Arabic. Which means, not that I can speak Chinese and Arabic, but that Chinese and Arabic are taking up valuable brain real estate, and might possibly choose to rear their ugly heads right when I'm trying to decline a masculine noun into the dative plural, or conjugate a past tense verb of motion, or something tricky like that. It's highly probable that, when asked a question about Russian culture, my brain will misfire and I'll start shouting names of vegetables in Chinese.

Also, maybe you'd think I could start studying Russian, or something useful like that? But here I sit, blogging about Chinese vegetable names.

Anyway, that's all to say: if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Or, as they say in Petersburg, que sera, sera.

See what I mean?

Back soon with pictures of my cute kids, just for you and C.A.L.

10 comments:

Becky said... [Reply]

Hey congrats! And good luck!

DiploNerds said... [Reply]

Congrats! So many didn't pass the QEP due to cutting down on acceptances.

Elaine said... [Reply]

Well, I'm in awe.

Digger said... [Reply]

You passed the QEPs? Shocking...NOT! As for verbs of motion, my wife just never "goes" anywhere. She either is there, was there, or will be there.

Sadie said... [Reply]

Awesome news - congratulations! It was pretty much a given though ;-). Good luck with the Russian!

Dorothy Handelman said... [Reply]

Congratulations!! You go girl!!

Traveling Leigh said... [Reply]

In context...CAL only mentioned that another blog, which we will call Rock a Bikini, is sassy and that she hoped you entertain her with more stories like "Chicken is not a Vegetable", green chili hunting, and 45 people meals. Congrats on the QEP - study hard!

Just US said... [Reply]

YEAH!!! Great job!! Maybe looking up Chinese vegetables will just help you remember your Russian easier - right? Good luck!

Nomads By Nature said... [Reply]

Way to go! I totally get the crossed lingual wires. At least you will know 'dang, those were Chinese veggies". I find languages learned long, long ago will creep into my new language challenges and I'm not sure why, or which language it was exactly, or if I am just making it up and hoping my listener goes along with the flow of my idea. I'm sure you will rock the Russian exam with awesome results! Again, congratulations!

Bfiles said... [Reply]

many congrats on your QEP pass!

Please. Write your own stuff.