Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Too Late

Thanksgiving is next week.

And do you know what that means?

It means I'm too late for Christmas.

A notice went out, oh, sometime before Halloween, reminding us that the deadline for holiday shipping was fast approaching. But at the time, I was scouring the Internet, looking for Halloween costumes. There was no time to think about Christmas.

And then someone asked me: have you finished ordering gifts yet? But this was a couple of weeks ago, and at the time, I was still saving up for my phenomenally expensive overseas turkey. You know how they give turkeys away free-with-purchase in the States sometimes? Give thanks, people, give thanks. Because shipping a frozen butterball overseas ain't easy, and the cost is exorbitant. It's easy to blow $50 on a turkey, and you still haven't sourced the bread that you need to personally cube and dry if you want to make stuffing. And... well, you get the idea. I am currently thinking about Thanksgiving.

Not Christmas.

But if Santa has any hope of getting here on the 25th of December, I really need to stop thinking about cranberry substitutes and start surfing over at amazon. Like, yesterday.

Ba humbug.

2 comments:

Kate said... [Reply]

We just spent R$200 on our Turkey in Brazil. Ouchie.

Delhibound said... [Reply]

I am currently debating the Great Turkey Debate as well ... so bloody expensive overseas!

We are going home for Christmas this year, so no issues with shipping, but we have been there, done that before!

Please. Write your own stuff.