Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Passed

I passed the FSWE. Next up: the QEP.

Loving the acronyms. I was asked to sit in on a meeting this week, and the lady threw out so many acronyms that I simply had no idea what she was trying to tell me. I eventually tuned out and turned my attention to studying a map of the West Bank that was hanging on the wall. Here I thought I knew enough acronyms to fake my way through my day. I think someone out there has a full time job just thinking them up.

Maybe that's the job I should apply for. Acronym Thinker Upper. ATU.

9 comments:

Popster said... [Reply]

I worked for a company that had so many acronyms that they were divided up and published in separate volumes with each volume applicable to a specific project.

Figure that one out.

Popster

Daniela Swider said... [Reply]

Congrats on passing the FSOT again under very tough circumstances! Best of luck with the QEP!

Emily said... [Reply]

That is fantastic! Congratulations.

Consul-At-Arms said... [Reply]

Congratulations on "passing" the FSOT!

(Nobody actually "fails" the FSOT, they just make the [very high] cut-off score, or they don't. No _failing_.)

As for the acrorrhea, I've sat in fairly high-level meetings where otherwise knowledgable and confident FSOs nodded their heads knowingly at streams of acronyms they later admitted having no idea of their significance/insignificance.

Digger said... [Reply]

I am not at all surprised. Congrats!

Adrian Pratt said... [Reply]

Congratulations. VWD.

Lisa said... [Reply]

Congratulations!

My mind goes into elevator music mode whenever too many acronyms get thrown my way.

Jenn D said... [Reply]

Didn't know you were taking it, but I'm so proud of you. Yet again, you have to make the rest of us poor schmucks look bad. Guess I'll just have to settle for being a LFOVCC (Lazy Friend of Very Cool Chick) :)

Connie said... [Reply]

Not surprised at all, that test had no chance against you!

Please. Write your own stuff.