Sunday, October 16, 2011

Quick Update For the Grandparents

The house is empty.

Well, as empty as it can be with just 4 kids, 1 dog, 1 cat and 2 parents.

Last weekend our Jerusalem relatives came for their first visit since moving to the Middle East, and it was so fun catching up with them. At the same time, Uncle Sean flew in from Los Angeles, via France, where he'd gone for business (rough life he leads, no?).

We spent a day hiking through Petra - no small feat with 6 little kids in tow. And we spent a few lazy afternoons at the pool. After the Jerusalem folks went back to work, Uncle Sean stayed on to entertain the beasts. It's his talent, and they adore him.

We also took him/ sent him to Mt. Nebo, Jerash, Ajloun and Rainbow Street. And basketball practice, of course.

This past weekend we piled in the car and drove to the Dead Sea. Love that place. We floated and swam and ate and water-slided (water-slid? What's the verb here?). At dinner Aidan ate 2 pieces of steak and a piece of chicken. He asked for more. I got him 2 more steaks and some pasta. He finished that off and said "that steak is good, but it's really filling!" Ummm, duh - anything's filling if you eat four servings worth, kid.

Uncle Sean is winging his way back to LA now, and the kids miss him already - even Ainsley, who couldn't quite remember his name. She kept calling him Uncle Brian. Or "the Red Guy," because of his red t-shirt. But this morning, when she awoke and he was gone, she sighed and said "I lub him, mama."

Still no computer, so still no photos to show you. But my lovely sis-in-law posted some photos of the whole family at Petra, so if you have her blog address, go there to see our smiley family. I'd give a link, but I'm not sure if she wants the extended audience stopping by. And speaking of my sis-in-law, can I tell you how awesome it is to have her in the region? My brother-in-law chose wisely and well, and I couldn't have a more perfect friend if I'd chosen her for myself. I think I won the in-law battle all around.

And now, for my traditional end-of-post:

It's late! I'm tired! Good night!

1 comments:

Kristen said... [Reply]

Sounds like you had a great time all around! And for the record, I'm going to go with "water slid" :)

Please. Write your own stuff.