Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Yep, I Deleted It

Thanks to everyone who gave advice about my situation with the neighbor. In the interest of NOT giving her any more ammunition to use against me in her private battle, I decided to delete the post. But I do appreciate the many comments I got. You were all, of course, correct. It's an unwinnable war, and I don't have the energy or desire to fight back. Anyway, thanks to all - I have some awesome commenters out there in the wide world.

Thanks especially to my Dr. Seuss-quoting commenters, who gave me quite a laugh today, just when I needed it. Here's one, back at you:

You’ll get mixed up of course, as you already know.
You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
And remember that Life’s a great balancing act.

5 comments:

tree hugger said... [Reply]

i hate messy relationships and passive aggressive interactions with stupid people (there are far too many of them, it seems). there is one in my office and we never recovered from the big blowup we had a year and a half ago (bad, i know.)
sometimes dealing with tactless people is impossible. i opt to just keep out of her way as much as possible.

Chelsea said... [Reply]

I had a similar experience with a classmate in college. When I finally graduated, I was very ready to leave him behind forever. Turns out, my husband has ONE friend from college he keeps in contact with... and it's him. We move to a new city in a different state... and it turns out he moved there to live with his in-laws. AARRRGGGHHHH!!!
Maybe you'll be lucky and they won't wind up at your next post. ;)

Connie said... [Reply]

Mean people are mean. Sorry you are having to deal with something like this.

Dorothy Handelman said... [Reply]

Tact is a great asset often undervalued and sometimes hard to use. I always appreciate your willingness to share the good, the bad, the funny and the not so funny. I'm a fan!

Shannon said... [Reply]

Tough place to be, glad you can look at it with humor! Somedays it seems the FS abounds with "Mean Girls" hope every things chills and things get better.

Please. Write your own stuff.