Wednesday, May 25, 2011

So This Is Cool...

Today is a national holiday here - we're all celebrating Jordanian Independence Day.

Instead of going to work today, we took the kids to the pool. As we were sitting there, enjoying the perfect 80 degree weather and clear blue skies (sorry - trying to make my friends in Beijing and Bahrain jealous with that extraneous weather report...), a group of fighter jets screeched by overhead. And then another. And another. And a flock of helicopters (another aside: what do you call a group of helicopters? A pack? A flock? A litter? A bunch? I know you know, Afghan Plan. Anyone else?).

Apparently we were right in the path of the Independence Day parade. Very cool, indeed.

Of course, all of my Air Force friends are away for the holiday, so there was no one here to tell me just what kinds of planes were further destroying my already terrible hearing.

Tomorrow, it's back to work as usual.

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

3 comments:

Popster said... [Reply]

You'd call them a buncha noisy buggers.

Connie said... [Reply]

We were watching the air show from our house too. The cats were very concerned! (but they got over it). At Ft. Campbell, I always called groups of helicopters 'flocks'. There might be a proper term, but I like flocks.

Jenn D said... [Reply]

Yea, you suck over there in 80-Degree-Land. You just had to rub it in, eh? Today the boys asked, "Mom, is 110 degrees hot?" Thought you'd get a chuckle at my expense at that. When can I come to your pool??

Please. Write your own stuff.