Friday, May 13, 2011

Forgot to Mention...

If you're not a facebook friend, or a neighbor here in Amman, then you won't yet know that I was elected to the school board last week. I gave that speech of mine, scary though it was, and I won a seat. Which means that for the next two years, I'll be even busier than usual.

What was I thinking? Seriously, what?

I'm busy enough, don't you think, what with the four kids and the dog and the cat and the part-time job and the addiction to home-baked cookies and the blog and don't even get me started on the Tetris app for the iPhone.

But okay, I'm in it now, and people have already been stopping me in the corridors at the Embassy to tell me what they think needs to be done over there at the school.

I wish I had some clever way to wrap up this post, but it's late and I'm tired and I still need to go online to zappos and order some new shoes because the dog just ate my very last and most comfortable pair of work-quality shoes. Which means until I get some new ones, I'll be known around here as that lady who won a spot on the school board, you know her? The one who wears clogs with her business clothes? Yeah, what's up with that?

7 comments:

Camille said... [Reply]

I feel your pain, girl. I just signed myself up for an online math class. Math?! How am I supposed to handle that AND my solitaire addiction!!!

Just US said... [Reply]

Congratulations! Or condolences - whichever feels more appropriate :) You will do fabulous!

Alex said... [Reply]

Congrats!

Dorothy Handelman said... [Reply]

As we say around here- "Good luck with that!"
(I just spent a stressful year as president of our high school PTA- so glad that's almost over)
Congrats- You will do a great job no matter what shoes you are wearing!!

Dorothy Handelman said... [Reply]

As we say around here- "Good luck with that!"
(I just spent a stressful year as president of our high school PTA- so glad that's almost over)
Congrats- You will do a great job no matter what shoes you are wearing!!

Dorothy Handelman said... [Reply]

As we say around here- "Good luck with that!"
(I just spent a stressful year as president of our high school PTA- so glad that's almost over)
Congrats- You will do a great job no matter what shoes you are wearing!!

Dorothy Handelman said... [Reply]

As we say around here- "Good luck with that!"
(I just spent a stressful year as president of our high school PTA- so glad that's almost over)
Congrats- You will do a great job no matter what shoes you are wearing!!

Please. Write your own stuff.