Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's Been Awhile...

I know, I know: I'm neglecting this little blog of mine.

But my parents are here, as you know, and they're running me ragged. We've been to the baptism site and Jerash. We've been through a protest, albeit accidentally ("Look, mom and dad! Guys with banners and guns hanging out of trucks! Welcome to Jordan!"). We've been to the school Talent Show, at which Shay juggled. We've been to Mt. Nebo, Madaba and Rainbow Street. We've eaten more falafel than I can possibly count. We're leaving shortly for Petra and Aqaba, then back again briefly for an Arabic cooking class before driving to Jerusalem and the Dead Sea.

I'll be back soon with pictures and loads of witty anecdotes, I promise.

4 comments:

Jill said... [Reply]

Have a GREAT time in Jerusalem!! I'm sure you already have places to go ... but one of the favorite gifts we used to get for people were rosaries that were blessed on the rock in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. We took a photo of the rosaries on the rock ... and provided that with the gifts to our Catholic friends. :)

Also - be sure to go to some of the shops in the Old City ... my fave Israeli jewelry designer has a lot of her pieces there. Ayala Bar ... who also has a sister named Adaya Bar. Funky necklaces, bracelets, earrings galore!

If you go early - or figure out a way to sign up - you can also go on a tour of the caves underneath the Old City. Super fun!

Shannon said... [Reply]

Enjoy the visit. I can never seem to keep up with the blog when we have guests either, I am just too busy living, playing tourist and having fun.

Connie said... [Reply]

Have a wonderful time! Glad the weather had cleared up for you this past week! :)

Daniela Swider said... [Reply]

Have fun with your parents. We can wait to hear about your adventure when you get back.

Please. Write your own stuff.