Monday, March 21, 2011

Guess Who's Back?

That's right, Reda the boab returned to Amman a few hours ago.

You might recall that he left for an extended trip home in January. In his case, home is Egypt, and within days of his arrival, the whole country fell apart. I am fairly certain the two events were unconnected, but we won't find out for sure until I figure out enough Arabic words to ask him if he climbed on any tanks while he was there.

I did manage to ask, in Arabic, how his family was. And I told him we watched Egypt on TV, and we were worried about him. He reassured me that in the town where his family lives, all was fairly quiet. He even told me my Arabic is now "kowayyes," which translates roughly to "gee, your arabic still sucks, but not quite as bad as it used to!" So there's that.

The girls were thrilled to see him, and immediately decided to use him once again as their own personal jungle gym.

I predict the poor guy is going to need another vacation from our family within a month.

0 comments:

Please. Write your own stuff.