Thursday, February 24, 2011

Good Choice

I met him back in grad school and he was just the cutest guy ever. He was also, even then, a better person than me - hard-working, churchgoing, marathon-running.... the list goes on. One example: it used to drive me crazy that some of the other grad students cheated on tests. Seriously? Grad students should know better. But he was quite complacent about it, pointing out what I tell my kids all the time now: you can't control what other people do, so worry about your own performance, and things will happen as they should. Even now, when I get all high-on-the-horse about something, he brings his own more grounded approach to the situation. I was gossiping about some hideous kid at our last post, and he refused to hop on board. He merely mused "I wonder what they say about our kids when we're not around?"

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm one of those lucky gals who married out of my league. I chose wisely, and I'm grateful every day for my choice. I'm a better person today because I married him.

Happy Birthday, z.

5 comments:

Becca said... [Reply]

I love it when people speak so nicely of their spouses! yay for choosing well and recognizing it!

Becky said... [Reply]

Thanks for a post that made me grin ear to ear.

Daniela Swider said... [Reply]

What a sweet post! Happy birthday to your wonderful hubby!

Jill said... [Reply]

Happy happy birthday to your special someone! Hope you celebrated in style!

Connie said... [Reply]

Happy Birthday to your hubby! It was wonderful to meet up with you and your family the other night, sorry we couldn't stay for cake.

Please. Write your own stuff.