Monday, February 21, 2011

All Together Now: "Awwwwww"

Because it's been awhile, I thought I'd share a couple of photos of our hairiest children.

First up: Kiwi, the once-stray cat, makes herself at home in the kitchen. (That's Shay's Science Fair experiment off to the left - the cat seems interested in watching his plants grow.)


And next: Yogi the Giant Schnauzer, getting giant-er by the day.


I usually put Kiwi's food in a dish near the kitchen window, and she trots outside after she eats. One morning I put her food out, then sat with my back to the window to work on my computer.

"Cat!" said Ainsley, pointing behind me.

"Ummm, hmmmm," I replied, distracted.

"Cat!" she said again.

"Yes, the kitty is eating," I responded, without looking up from my work.

"Wrong cat, mama," she said this time.

I looked behind me, and sure enough, there was another cat poking its head through the window, eating the cat chow.

Where was the dog, you ask?

Yes, well, he seems to think that cats are okay, so he didn't say a word about the stray in the kitchen. He chases Kiwi all day long, just because he wants to play. Sometimes she lets him lick her face, other times she hisses and hides under the couch. I guess no one told them they aren't supposed to get along.

P.S. You might be interested in knowing that we have to import Yogi's puppy chow, at a cost of about $100/month. That dog can eat! But it's okay, I'm sure it'll all seem worth it when he graduates from medical school and thanks us for all of our support.

Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

Becca said... [Reply]

well after being relieved of her ovaries on the kitchen table, it makes sense she would sit in the sink to relax...

Connie said... [Reply]

What IS it about Jordanian cats sitting in sinks??!

What type of dog chow does Yogi need? The Vet Zone stocks a couple (I think?) brands of specialty foods (Royal Canine is one). Not sure how much shipping is in comparison to the cost of quality brands found locally! We used the royal canine brand cat food, but fortunately found one good brand at Cosmo that isn't made mostly of corn. It isn't much cheaper, but more convenient.

Marinka said... [Reply]

Imported food! How deluxe! They're both adorable!

Alethea said... [Reply]

Imported dog food? I'll bet you human-types don't often get imported food!

Sadie said... [Reply]

they're both adorable! glad to see they're enriching your lives if not your wallet :-).

Please. Write your own stuff.