Monday, January 17, 2011

Go, Team, Go (Beep beep)!

All evening long I heard shouting and honking and - yes - even gunfire. When I went to the Embassy to pick up Bart, there were men running in the streets with Jordanian flags, shouting in Arabic. Cars were blaring horns as they paraded through traffic circles.

It was all quite alarming until I discovered the reason for the chaos: apparently, Jordan just beat Syria in a big soccer match.

Go Jordan! I might've considered joining the revelers but I draw the line at random celebratory gunfire.

Hey! Speaking of celebratory gunfire, did you notice this is my 500th post on this here blog? Go me! Feel free to honk your horn loudly or discharge a weapon in celebration. Or, you know, just leave a congratulatory comment. Whichever suits your mood.

15 comments:

Bethany and Will said... [Reply]

Congrats on hitting 500! I've been following along for a few weeks now :-) and really enjoy reading!

~Bethany

Z. Marie said... [Reply]

500 is a great milestone! I don't even remember how many posts I've had. Hmmm, maybe I should pay more attention to that.
What's life without a little random celebratory gunfire? I mean, hello, they did win a soccer game.

GH said... [Reply]

I love your blog. Keep it up!

Jen Ambrose said... [Reply]

Yea! 500!

ForeignObsession said... [Reply]

HOOOOOOOOONK!!! = )

Popster said... [Reply]

Congrats on number 500. I was going to go out and celebrate for you with some gunfire but my dog ate all my ammo.

Nana Doll said... [Reply]

Way to go!

Jill said... [Reply]

Happy 500. Hope you're now thinking of doing the Blurb.com where you make your blog into a book ...

Becky said... [Reply]

Congrats!

Shannon said... [Reply]

Congrats on the 500th post! And I'm with you on the celebratory gunfire thing, what goes up must eventually come down.

Sara said... [Reply]

Congrats on 500! I really enjoy your blog - keep it up!

Daniela Swider said... [Reply]

Honk! Honk!!! 500 is WOW!

Deborah said... [Reply]

woo hoo, you!

FSO Hopeful said... [Reply]

Must have been in the wrong part of town. It was all quiet around the 3rd Circle.

Connie said... [Reply]

Oh! I missed this! Happy 500th blog-a-versary!! beep! beep! bee-bee-beeep! beep! beep! bee-bee-beeep!

FSO Hopeful - 3rd may have been quiet because everyone in the whole city, and from all the neighboring towns too, I'm sure, were trying to converge on and dance around Abdoun circle.

Please. Write your own stuff.