Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 - Year in Review

In January, we were officially assigned to a position in faraway Amman, Jordan.

In February, we celebrated the start of the Year of the Tiger with weeks worth of fireworks right outside our door.

In March, my sister and her beautiful daughter came to visit us in Beijing - Hong Kong, too.

In April, we got our travel orders and started binge shopping in preparation for departing Beijing.

In May, Ainsley celebrated her 2nd birthday, I quit my job, and we started prepping for our move.

June was a big month. We packed out and left China, celebrated Kyra's fourth birthday in Seattle, and said goodbye to Casey.

In July, we spent a squazillion dollars travelling across the US on home leave.

In August, we moved to Jordan. We also celebrated 16 years of marriage, give or take a few.

In September, we got two salukis, lost two salukis, and had our first visit to the Jordanian ER.

In October, I started learning Arabic.

In November, Yogi the Giant Schnauzer moved in and left a path of destruction in his wake.

In December, we visited the Dead Sea and the Red Sea. We also celebrated our first Christmas in Jordan. Oh, and we got a cat. Have I mentioned the cat yet? Yes, well, that's a story for another year. Because in a few short minutes, 2011 starts here in Jordan, so I'm flat out of time for blogging in 2010.

Happy New Year, everybody. Thanks to all of you out there who take the time to read my blog and comment. I hope to see you all back here in 2011.

5 comments:

ForeignObsession said... [Reply]

Happy New Year!!!

Linsey said... [Reply]

Happy New Year! Here's to fabulous 2011!

Daniela Swider said... [Reply]

It's been a pleasure reading your blog! Happy New Year!

Connie said... [Reply]

It's been an extraordinarily full, and very good year. Here's to 2011 - may it be even better then 2010 :)

Elaine said... [Reply]

Makes me sad my adventuring (and child-rearing) days are behind me...but I enjoy the vicarious thrills!

Please. Write your own stuff.