Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Talented Salmon, Part Two

Last year, for the first time, I had my hair done for the Marine Ball, and it was fun to have a fancy hair-do.

Well, the Marine Ball is coming up again this Friday, and I thought it would be nice to get an up-do again. So I called up the Talented Salmon.

I want to get my hair done for a party on the 19th, I told him.

Yes, yes, of course, he agreed. You come on the 19th! We will do highlights! And hairstyle! And make-up! And manicure and pedicure!

Ummm, well, no highlights, thanks ( because you never know about getting highlights the first time, and I don't want to look like a skunk). Also, I told him, no make-up.

No make-up?, he repeated, and I couldn't tell if he was offended or astonished. But then who will do your make-up?

I can do it myself, I explained. I just need an up-do. And a pedicure would be nice.

Okay, he agreed. Up-do. Pedicure. AND manicure. You come to my salon at 12.

But Samman, I said, I'd prefer 4 o'clock. 12 seems a bit early.

4 o'clock?, he repeated.

Yes, I affirmed. 4 o'clock.

Okay, he said, 4 o'clock. You come to my salon at 12 o'clock, we finish by 4 o'clock.

Gulp.

So it appears, if we understood each other correctly, that the Talented Salmon is going to spend FOUR hours getting me ready for the Marine Ball this Friday.

And I am very, very afraid.

******

Happy Eid, everyone! The kids are home all week, so we need to come up with activities to keep them (and Yogi) busy. But no, we won't be slaughtering a sheep.

4 comments:

Linsey said... [Reply]

4 hour up-do? That is going to be something to see. Can't wait for before/after pics

Jersey Beth said... [Reply]

Let him do your makeup! You can always wipe half of it off when you get home!! Go for it, and post lots of pictures!!!
Beth
from Jersey.

Kristen said... [Reply]

Ohhh, how fun! It should be interesting to see if the Jordanians have their own version of an up-do!! Can't wait to see pics of the big night!

Jen said... [Reply]

Call me a terrible mother, but that's like four hours of (theoretical) peace and quiet...or at least trashy magazines I can justify reading. So, pics are a must and so jealous of everyone going to marine balls...maybe next year (thinking positive, thinking positive...)

Please. Write your own stuff.