Wednesday, October 6, 2010

This One's For You, Connie

This week's Foreign Service RoundUp, compiled by Connie, has a theme: Halloween.

I've been kind of too busy to think about Halloween.

In addition to my manic baking (see previous post), I've picked up a few freelance jobs and am just a wee bit over my head trying to figure out health care reform and holistic healing and website design and some other random things. Oh, and I have four kids to keep alive. One of whom wants to be a mermaid for Halloween.

Which brings me back to the title of this post. Connie asked for Halloween, so here it is: the front of Ainsley's mermaid costume. I still have to do the back, but I'm having trouble with that - she keeps taking it and carrying it around the house. I guess she likes it.

Kyra likes it, too. Which is unfortunate, because she was all set to be Belle again this year, until she saw the mermaid tail. Now she wants one. I predict I'm about to get busier...


Please tell me this looks mermaidy to you. Please?

6 comments:

Connie said... [Reply]

I definitely see the tail! Although it sounds like the most important judge has already weighed in positively. Very creative!

Bfiles said... [Reply]

that's adorable! and yes, very mermaidy!

Kristen said... [Reply]

Wow, for someone who claims that they don't do much sewing, that's pretty impressive!

Shannon said... [Reply]

That is too adorable! I love it!

A Daring Adventure said... [Reply]

Is there ANYTHING you can't do?

Seriously?

Connie said... [Reply]

This week's State Department Blog RoundUp is posted - and you're on it!

RoundUp

Thank you, and have a great weekend!

Please. Write your own stuff.