Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Got Nuthin'.

Sometimes, when you're overseas, you think to yourself, I can't believe this is my life! Because you're busy doing crazy things, in crazy places, sometimes with crazy people (thinking of you, Jen and Mary - driving just isn't the same without you).

Other times, you think to yourself, well, this isn't any different from life back in the States, except that I'm far from family and Costco rotisserie chickens.

I'm in a routine right now that simply isn't bloggable. I've been working a lot, doing some business writing projects (hey - they're paying me, and last I checked, you're not, so they get first dibs on my writing muscles). I've been experimenting with bread baking, trying out different types of loaves. I've been packing lunches, and grocery shopping, and taking kids to soccer practice, and putting laundry away, and reading to kids, and generally trying to balance life with four kids. I missed Kyra's Open House at school because I wrote it on the wrong day in the calendar. How pathetic is that?

My husband has been working the CRAZY hours - every post worse than the last, I think. I guess that's what you get when you go to a Danger Pay post. And he gets on a plane shortly for a trip to the States, so I'll be doing the single mother thing for awhile.

But all is well here - I'm still alive, if boringly busy at times.

5 comments:

A Daring Adventure said... [Reply]

Oh, yes... the business writing projects come first!!

Loaves of bread. ::sigh:: I have a feeling that my life at some point will have to include my trying to figure out how to make loaves of bread. Talk about clueless... I wouldn't even know where to start!

Emily said... [Reply]

Wouldn't it be nice if there were some magic fairy that would pay us A LOT of money to blog? Or even better, to pay us to do the jobs that we do every day as mothers? That would be lovely.

Good luck with the single parent thing. I hope the time goes by quickly.

Sara said... [Reply]

I understand craziness! By 12:00 today I'd driven to the Embassy and back twice, dropping off a friend's maid at their house, taking my son and his friends to school, and I even got to hang out with my baby for a bit.

Crazy I know...

Walking to China said... [Reply]

Isn't it amazing how lives in extraordinary places can be so....ordinary!

Jenn D said... [Reply]

I still don't see much wrong with running just few red lights in downtown Beijing and tailing that water bottle guy at .0007 miles per hour for at least a quarter of a mile. Didn't we ultimately find the Pain in the Ascot?! Miss u terribly.

Please. Write your own stuff.