Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Guess Who I Met Today?

I've been reading her blog since before I knew I was moving to Jordan. Heck, I've been reading her blog since before SHE knew SHE was moving to Jordan. Today, I finally met Connie, whom many of you know as Whale Ears and Other Wonderings. If you haven't yet subscribed to her blog, you must do so immediately. She's as nice in person as she seems online (even if she is a cat person).

In other news, Two Crabs found today's Dear Abby way over in Manama (not too far from us, in Bahrain, an island off the coast of Saudi Arabia, where my dear friend Jen is also posted. (Hi Jen!)). Go read Dear Abby's response to a guy who wants to join the Foreign Service but has unhappy in-laws because of his decision. And then read Two Crabs' response to Dear Abby's response.

And now, to celebrate someone's stellar performance on today's spelling test, I am off to prepare celebratory cheese quesadillas, the young scholar's favorite food. (Anyone have a spare tortilla press they want to send my way? Because tortillas here are crazy-expensive.)

6 comments:

heather@actingbalanced.com said... [Reply]

Thanks for stopping by acting balanced.. it's great that your bloggy world and irl world meshed like that!

Connie said... [Reply]

I have one, but it's rather small, I'll bring it over :) It was great to finally meet you too, and you are also as wonderful in IRL as Online. Your girls are adorable too. Even when tired enough to fall asleep at lunch and a little cranky, they are still very sweet and funny. Kyra yelled bye-bye at me until I was off down the street!

citymouse said... [Reply]

Meeting bloggers IRL is always so much fun!

And celebratory cheese quesadillas sounds pretty good right now!

Stopping by from SITS.

Bfiles said... [Reply]

how fun that you and Connie met!

Jill said... [Reply]

SO SO fun that you both met! Man ... you just get to meet all the cool people!

I'm thrilled that all is great so far in Jordan!

Two Crabs said... [Reply]

Hi there, nice to meet you virtually.Thanks for the link. I'm going to link you on my blogroll too. Cheers!

Please. Write your own stuff.