Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Seattle



Kyra's family birthday party.
Riding the ferry to Vashon Island and digging on the beach.
The Locks and the Fish Ladder.
The Experience Music Project.
The Airplane Museum.
A fancy Father's Day dinner.
Bill Cosby in concert.
(saying goodbye to Casey)
The Seattle Aquarium.
Donuts at Pike Place Market.
Target. And more Target.
Starbucks. And more Starbucks.
Take-out sushi at the grocery store.
Going to the gym with my sis.
Swimming at Nana and Bampa's pool.
Dinner with Aunt Ann.
The "tubble bath."

I'm sure there's more to recount, but the van is coming to pick us up at 5 a.m. for our flight to DC.

I can't believe our time here is up already. I'm really missing Casey - his empty crate is in my sister's garage, and his leash is in my suitcase. And of course, I'm already missing my family.

This part of Foreign Service life is the awful part. Truly awful.

But we've had a great time, mostly, and I'll try to hang on to the good stuff.

I'll see some of you soon in DC...

4 comments:

Jill said... [Reply]

Wishing you ALL the best on your travels to DC and onward... hope your flight back East went OK and you enjoy your last few weeks in the States.

Jen said... [Reply]

We have yet to make it to Seattle, but I have heard it's an amazing place. I can only imagine how wonderful it is to have family there, too.

Hope everything goes well over the next few weeks. Safe travels!

Vince said... [Reply]

Hi there,

I’m writing from the team that manages INTERNational Connections, a State Department career networking site for Department interns and employees. We’d love to feature some content from your blog on as it provides some valuable insight into the steps towards joining the State Department and life as a Department employee. If you’re interested in letting use some of your posts, please contact us at internconnect@state.gov ASAP for more information. Thanks!

Connie said... [Reply]

You just got there! Seriously?! You're on to DC?? I'm having sympathy pains for you. I do not know how this first bit of summer break has flown by.. I can account for the days... but how'd they get away so fast? Looks like you have been wonderfully busy. Enjoy the rest of your time off in the US, and may the remainder of your travels be smooth.

Please. Write your own stuff.