Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tick, Tick, Tick

Fifteen days until we pack out. Twenty four days until we actually leave. Pretty much everything on my to do list remains undone.

So what did I do today? I'll tell you, if you promise not to tell my husband, who thinks I was busy renting cars and reserving hotels and important things like that.

Well, to be fair, I woke up and wrote out a "to do" list, just for today: get prescription filled, buy hard drive case, buy gifts, reserve rental car, draft an article. I made some tea and stared hard at my list for awhile, trying to will myself into action.

But then Jen called to inform me that she has orders, and she's leaving next week. And then Shawna called to ask if I wanted to go to lunch with her and Jen. Well, I couldn't exactly say no, could I? And after that, they had to stop at the frame place, so I went, too. And then, by the time I got home, it was time to take Kyra shopping for groceries, as promised. And there was dinner to make, and there were blogs to read, and the kids wanted rice krispie treats so I made those, and then they wanted to go outside and play after dinner. And then, and then and then.

And now it is 10:30 at night, and I have no prescription, and no hard drive case, and no gifts, and no car reservation, and no draft of an article.

But it was a mighty fun lunch.

And there's always tomorrow, right? Right?

I think I'm in denial.

Anyone out there want to make some car rental arrangements for me?

Anyone?

4 comments:

Shannon said... [Reply]

You deserve a day off from the chaos of getting ready for leaving. It is so stressful. Glad you had a good lunch.

LeesOnTheGo said... [Reply]

Absolutely essential to go to lunch with friends. Much more important than hard drive cases.

You sound like one of those people I wish I could be. One of the ones who works best the closer to a dead line you get. It will all get done one way or another so you may as well enjoy yourself along the way.

Sara said... [Reply]

I agree whole heartedly with S & N. In fact they said everything I was going to. ;)

hannah said... [Reply]

It's Friday, time for the weekly State Department Blog RoundUp - and you're on it!

Here is the link: http://bit.ly/amVBfj

(If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me at stateroundup2.0 {at} gmail.com.)

Thanks!

Please. Write your own stuff.