Sunday, February 28, 2010

Can't Think Straight

Well, I have so many things to update you on. But I'm losing my mind over here. The fireworks are driving me slowly insane. They've been going on every night since February 13th. It's the 28th now. I think tonight must be the last hurrah, because they're pretty bad.

Oh, sure, it was fun for the first few days. And even tonight, before bedtime, it was fun to prop the kids up on the windowsill and watch the various shows going on all around our house.

But enough already! I have to get some sleep!

I'm trying to take advantage of the noise by staying up late to finish my taxes online. But of course, the Internet is being uncooperative. So here I am, on blogger, while I wait for my tax forms to kick in.

Okay, well, more from me later. It's snowing again, and cold. I still have to get ready for work tomorrow. I need to download pictures of the weekend's adventures. And then, of course, there's the small matter of the taxes. I'll check in again soon, I promise, with some more exciting details.

For now, though, here's a fascinating little tidbit. I ran into a neighbor today, who passed on this little fact that she learned from a visiting scientist: the average Chinese person consumes over 5 pounds of pesticides every year. Can this be true? Sadly, I'd have to say, yes, perhaps so.

If the fireworks don't keep me awake tonight, worrying about that little factoid certainly will.

Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

Connie said... [Reply]

I need someone to light some fireworks under me! So much to do, and today has gone by way too fast. Hope you get some peace and (if not quiet) good sleep!

Betsy said... [Reply]

I love fireworks, but that could get really old!

As for the pesticides, I try not to buy any food from China.

Please. Write your own stuff.