Friday, February 5, 2010

And Here's the Post Where I Make YOU Work for ME

Hi there! Bet that title just sucked you right in, didn't it?

Here's the deal. I've been blogging now for about 3 years and, like bloggers everywhere, I've decided it's time to make some changes around here. Problem is, I'm basically HTML-illiterate, and did I mention I have four kids and a part-time job? So I'm not going to be making any fast bloggy moves.

But - if you roll your eyes just slightly to the right, you'll see a new link over there, titled "publications." See it? Good. That means I did something right.

Anyway, in your spare time, take a minute to click on that link and look around, would you? It should take you to links to a few of my published articles that are available on the Internet. If you find any links that aren't working, would you let me know? Also, if you find a relative who happens to publish a major magazine, like, say, O, or Parents, feel free to pass along my contact info.

Here's another thing you can do, if you're so inclined. You can click on that little "follow" button over on the right - yes, I know, it's quite a workout those eyes of yours are getting today, sorry. Just look right and click "follow," and you can have your little thumbnail photo posted up on my blog, along with the millions of others currently there. Okay, maybe not millions. Slight exaggeration on my part.

Thanks everybody. Let me know if you find a broken link, or a link to an article that bores you senseless and should be deleted immediately. And who knows? Maybe one of these days, I'll figure out how to change the header on this blog. I don't know about you, but I'm getting bored of looking at the same old green checkerboard every time I visit.

2 comments:

Kristen said... [Reply]

Hi, my name is Kristen and I've been following your blog for some time now. We've just moved to DC as my husband just started with USAID. I found your blog as I was looking for the spouse/mom perspective on this exciting, fun, crazy life that we're getting ready to embark upon :) I just wanted to let you know that all the links worked for me. I love your posts and always look forward to reading your blog! Take Care!

Donna said... [Reply]

Thanks Kristen. And congrats on the job. There's another blog you should read - Lees on the Go - she's a USAID spouse currently in Nairobi, and her blog is a good read. (but keep coming back here, too, of course...)

Please. Write your own stuff.