Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dr. Santa Closet

Last year, Kyra called him "Santa Claus-it." This year, I was telling her about him, and I slipped up. "We're going to go see mister... doctor... santa claus!" So now she calls him "Dr. Santa Claus-it."

The good doctor was planning to stop by the Embassy Christmas party this evening, so we got all decked out to go see him. On the way there, Kyra threw up all over herself. I don't think she was sick, persay. I think it likely that she shouldn't have helped herself to her dad's nasty protein shake earlier in the day. We pulled into a restaurant complex near the Embassy and Bart took her in to clean her off. So much for the cute Christmas sweater and tights. He was able to salvage the dress, though she was a bit stinky.

I was a little worried when the kids went up to read a Christmas book with the Ambassador and his wife. It wouldn't have looked good if she'd chosen that moment to toss up the rest of the protein shake. But she was fine. (Someone else's kid peed on the floor, but hey, it happens. As long as it's not one of my kids.)

The role of Dr. Santa Closet was actually played by someone in my office. It just so happens that I'd brought a loaf of pumpkin bread in to share last week. And when Santa asked Kyra if she helped her mommy make that delicious bread, she nearly burst with pride. Too cute.

Ainsley, on the other hand, could not wait to get off of his lap. She wasn't impressed at all. I don't know what Aidan thought of his visit with Dr. Claus. Even Shay sat on his lap - hedging his bets, I imagine, as he's hoping to find a Nano under the tree.

Enjoy the photos...

The Ambassador and his wife read to the kids...


Four kids, four different reactions to Santa...


5 comments:

Connie said... [Reply]

Wonderful photos! I hope we get to have breakfast with the holiday doctor soon. :)

Betsy said... [Reply]

Your children are adorable!

Gamma Sharon said... [Reply]

“Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest”
Wow, what an adventure you are on... wonderful pictures and I love Dr santa claus-it

Life with Kaishon said... [Reply]

How cute is that with the 4 different reactions. LOVE that he is Dr. Santa Clause now. Very cute : ) Hope you all have the happiest of Christmas seasons!

Jill said... [Reply]

on my google reader your photos appear side by side ... but here on your blog they're stacked... hmmm...

Please. Write your own stuff.