Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tis The Season

Styrofoam season, that is.

You see all sorts of strange contraptions on the streets of Beijing, and all kinds of overloaded vehicles.

Using my not-so-good quality phone camera, I snapped these shots near my house on two separate occasions. These folks have loaded up their 3-wheeled bicycles and are hauling chunks of styrofoam - where?

They use styrofoam for insulation here. (It is covering the outside of my house, which is fine except when the house gets hit by a poorly-aimed soccer ball.) So perhaps these people are insulating their houses for the winter? Or perhaps they're selling the stuff? Recycling?

They all thought it was the funniest thing when I hung out of a car window to take their pictures. And here I was thinking I was the normal looking one.









2 comments:

太陽 said... [Reply]

上班很累,摸個魚輕輕鬆鬆的逛部落..................................................

Connie said... [Reply]

That's a lot of styrofoam... and it is good insulation!

Please. Write your own stuff.