Tuesday, November 17, 2009

POTUS in Beijing

I took all of the kids except Ainsley to the Embassy to meet President Obama today. I decided it would be best to leave Ainsley at home, because these events are usually crowded and crazy. Kids who wanted to be in the photo with the Prez had to be able to stand by themselves on the risers for almost 45 minutes. I was so proud of Kyra - she made it through. At one point, after the photo was finished and the President was chatting with the kids, Kyra went running up to him, but I didn't get a chance to take a photo before she was shooed back to the risers. My friend Jen was the official Embassy photographer; hopefully she got some better photos than these, but I'll attach them anyway just to prove we were there. I even got to shake his hand! Alas, no photo of that. You'll just have to trust me. If I get some better photos in the coming weeks (you listening, Jen?), I'll be sure to post them here.

In this blurry photo, Shay is near the top left, in the blue and white polo shirt. Kyra is at the bottom left, in the brown dress, two away from the President. You can't see Aidan, as the President was standing directly between me and Aidan at this point.



Everyone wave at Jen, the blonde lady taking pictures. Hi Jen! Just to her left, in the middle row, behind a girl in a red dress, is Aidan, in a brown polo shirt.



Kyra is the blurry brown dress on the bottom right. Shay's at the top right. Once again, Aidan has managed to escape the frame.



Here he is, the President of the United States, and I didn't even have to use the zoom lense. But aren't you appalled at what a bad photographer I am? Seriously, I had a chance to snap some great shots, but no...





And here's my husband, hard at work, just a few feet away from the Prez. But since he was armed and working, he wasn't allowed to go all goofy and try to shake the guy's hand. So, no photo op for me. No matter - by now it's apparent I would have blown it anyway.

4 comments:

hannah said... [Reply]

I'm sad - when we had our POTUS visit in Riyadh, he never came to the embassy at all. Only about 4 people got to see him in person.

Lucky!!

globalgal said... [Reply]

How exciting and what a great experience for the kids!

Jessica said... [Reply]

Bart looks so Hollywood. Hope life slows down SOON!

Erin G said... [Reply]

wow, so cool for your kids. and your hubby looks all cute and serious working. :)

Please. Write your own stuff.