Monday, November 2, 2009

Fame and Fortune, Coming My Way Soon

That's right, my blog received a mention in this month's edition of the Foreign Service Journal. Of course, they listed it as a blog written by a husband and wife team, while I'm pretty sure I should actually have a disclaimer stating "the views on this blog are held only by the wife-half of this diplomatic partnership." My husband is a great editor, and I rarely submit an article for possible publication without getting his input first. But, nope, he doesn't write or edit anything here. Though now that I think about it, he has been know to shake his head and mutter, after a particularly trying China moment "bet THIS makes it on your blog."

So there you have it. You can say you knew me when. I'll just sit here and wait for the millions of fans whom I'm certain are heading my way.

Oh,and my blog-friend Jill made the list, too (can I call you a friend, Jill? I've been a reader long enough, don't you think?). They called her brutally honest. They called her endearing. They said she injects sass and emotion into her blog.

I always wanted to be endearing. To say nothing of sass-injecting. Maybe next year.

6 comments:

momcat said... [Reply]

Don't know about sass or endearing but I always enjoy what you write. Thanks for visiting my blog too. Many happy returns for both of us!

Jill said... [Reply]

Wow Donna - CONGRATS to you for the blog mention in the FSJ!! I had no idea about this, and would NEVER have known had I not seen it in your blog. :)

And yeah ... we're totally more than blog buddies... anyone who has as much chaos as us (complete with hubbies who do the same type of work) is definitely a friend!

p.s. Hope you find out soon about your next post. We know our open position here (a 3 position) was paneled last week - tho we don't know who it is ...

Linsey said... [Reply]

Huzzah! Here's to impending fame and fortune.

Connie said... [Reply]

Hooray for you! You definitely deserve it :) ! Virtual autographs please!

(My husband does the blog fodder prediction thing too.)

C said... [Reply]

Congratulations! Love your blog :)

roysie said... [Reply]

Congratulations! I just read the article and found your blog. What a great way to connect with new readers :).

Please. Write your own stuff.