Monday, November 9, 2009

500 and holding

We spent the whole weekend indoors, as the air quality index never dropped below 500. The air is so awful you can taste it. And it's either made me incredibly sick, or I've come down with the flu, because I could barely move all weekend: headache, cough, chills, chest pain. Plus which, President Obama is due to arrive at post shortly, so my husband is insanely busy working the visit.

So, to recap: working husband, sick mother, 4 children, noone is allowed to leave to house. Ever.

Why, yes, our weekend was heaps of fun.

This morning, it started to thunder, lightning, hail, rain and snow. All at once. And all I could think was: please oh please let a tornado sweep through, too, and clear this nasty air out of here.

5 comments:

Jessica said... [Reply]

Feel better!

Ambrose said... [Reply]

Thunder, lightning, hail, snow---you think the sky isn't happy with all the stuff the government is shooting up there?

Connie said... [Reply]

I sure hope the rain washes away the crap in the air - for at least a few days!! :( and that you feel better soon!

A said... [Reply]

those Chinese are crazy good at making weather!
I don't even mind the clouds here in Ottawa, at least I know they are weather, not pollution.

Betsy said... [Reply]

Sounds horrible. I hope you feel better soon and that your air quality improves over the next few days.

Please. Write your own stuff.