Tuesday, November 10, 2009

49!

Yesterday morning it hailed and snowed and rained and thundered and the skies parted and it was all very Biblical. No locusts, but the mosquitoes are still out, so we'll count that as a plague. Yet I'm rejoicing, because the air quality index currently reads 49. We can officially stop holding our breath.

This morning we woke up to this view from the front door:




The schools are all closed - the first snow day since we've been here, I believe.

So I will spend the day shuttling kids in and out of the house, watching them ruin sock after sock and glove after glove, and trying like heck to avoid going out there myself. (I'm like a cat - not a fan of precipitation.)

I'm fully stocked up in the cocoa and rice krispie supply department, so we're good to go.

Poor Bart, though - he still had to go to work even though the shuttles aren't running. Last time I saw him, he was tramping around in the snow, in a suit and dress shoes, looking for a way in. Disaster! With the Prez on his way, no one can take a day off, snow day or no.

And with that, I'm off to entertain my kiddies. The girls both have hacking coughs and sore throats, like their mama. So it should be a fun day.

Deep breath...

2 comments:

Connie said... [Reply]

the nice thing about snow is that it makes things look clean too... it is very refreshing, not only the air, but mentally... yay!

Jill said... [Reply]

Hope you enjoyed the day with your kiddos!

Snow... so, so jealous!

Please. Write your own stuff.