Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's Late and I'm Tired

So let's make this quick, shall we? If you're a Facebook friend of mine, then you already know that all four of my kids have gotten sick over the past week or so. It hasn't been the best of times over here.

I sent Shay back to school today. I went to work. A neighbor said, "have you heard? They found 2 cases of H1N1 at the school today." And wouldn't you know, my first thought was "oh, no, it's my two kids, isn't it?"

But it wasn't. Which means some other parent out there had a worse day than me today.

The nurses swept through the school, taking temperatures and swabbing throats. Lucky for me, my boys were fever free at last. A bunch of kids got sent home, and around 30 were put into self-quarantine for 7 days at home.

It'll be interesting to see if the government forces the school to shut down, or if the swift self-quarantine action appeases local health officials. If they do shut the school down, I imagine my new job will quickly become my old job, as I'll have to self-quarantine, too. Not really good when you have a project deadline looming.

And, oh, this project? I'm keeping way too busy and learning lots. The good thing about working at the Embassy is, there's always something new and interesting. Two bad things: no time to blog, and can't really blog about work, which is pretty much all that's going on for most of my day.

So there you have it. Spent my evening frosting cupcakes and catching up on all things domestic. But that isn't nearly as interesting as the view inside my eyeballs, so I think I'll go check out that view for a few hours.

Good night, good health.

2 comments:

Betsy said... [Reply]

I am so sorry that your children have been sick - especially with your husband gone. I hope that you are over the hurdle and that they don't close your school down.

Connie said... [Reply]

Good luck! I hope you all stay cootie-free.

Please. Write your own stuff.