Saturday, June 6, 2009

I Fought the Law and the Law Won

I'm trying to figure out how to get around the censors and post some photos to my blog. Not sure if you could see the last one, appropriately titled "Huh?". Here's another try, with a different photo. This photo is of one of the five traffic tickets I was just told to pay.
 
Five tickets. I believe that, in my entire adult life up until now, I've gotten maybe 2 tickets? Yet here, where every second driver is doing something dangerous or stupid, I'm the one getting tickets. Each of the tickets was for speeding. Seems I got caught in a speed trap on Jingshun Lu. In this particular area, big cars like mine aren't allowed to go over 40 kph. So I had to hand over the equivalent of $100 to the bank. Sigh...
 
It's odd. I'm throwing pictures and stories out onto the internet, but I can't see 'em once I've put them out there. I can read your comments, even when I can't respond, so keep them coming. The big anniversary was on Thursday - I won't be more specific than that because I really don't want my computer to crash on me. Y'all either know what I'm talking about, or you can google it. But I'm hoping that with that sensitive date in the past, the censors will loosen up and let us all back onto our blogs!
 
More from me later. Right now, I'm in the middle of a great book, a collection of essays by Marjorie Williams called "The Woman at the Washington Zoo." She was a terrific essayist who died way before she should have. Must go read and recover from a rainy day Saturday after a too-full-of-work week.
 
Oh, but first, a postscript: My apologies, Judy and Bart - I didn't mean to scare you with my post about the bike accident. I really should have contacted you before I posted that.




Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Erin G said... [Reply]

no picture, but we can read all the posts! don't lose heart!

HavanaJen said... [Reply]

No pics but glad you can still post.
Don't you love living in a police state?
Glad Bart is OK. That was horrible. Chin Up!

Please. Write your own stuff.