Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hello? Hello?

Okay, well, it appears the Chinese have shut down blogger again, because I can't access any blogs, including my own. I can't even get into my google blog reader. Really annoying stuff here. Did Jill Perlman have her baby yet? What's going on with the American in Norway? Will I ever read the next installment of Greener Grass? Who knows? It's not just me... I've heard from other folks who've also been shut down.
 
I have not much to say here. I'm just testing a little sumpin-sumpin my sneaky sis set up for me when I first moved here, so I could blog in peace despite constantly changing Chinese restrictions. If you can read this, it worked! And, hey, Chinese government - what's going on? Give me back my blogger. Please?
 
Always something fun going on around here...

4 comments:

Allycupe said... [Reply]

I can "see" you....whatever your work around is, it's working!

Z. Marie said... [Reply]

Yay, it worked!
Yes, Jill did have her baby, a boy. I don't think she's been able to post pictures yet, though.

Connie said... [Reply]

What a pain! The only thing censoring does is tick people off and make them WANT to break rules... even the 'good, non-rule-breakers'... can't they see this?

Hopefully this is just a temporary problem. :)

Kelsey said... [Reply]

Most bloggers who use blogger or wordpress in China route their internet through a proxy. You can set firefox to use a proxy only when visiting certain sites. I can put you in touch with a friend who is very knowledgable about using blogger in China, if you want. I'm sure she would be happy to help.

Please. Write your own stuff.