Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bullet Train to Tianjin

I thought I'd do another "our month in pictures" post. But people - there are 31 days in March. I get tired just thinking about it.

So instead, I'll post a few photos from Friday, when we took the kids to Tianjin on the bullet train.

Tianjin is a port city southeast of here. It took over an hour to drive to the Beijing South Railway Station from our house, but it only took 30 minutes to get to Tianjin from there. The bullet train goes up to 326 kilometers per hour. Let's see, in mph that's, uh, ummm, well, it's really fast. Really, really fast. You do the math if you really want to know how fast we went.

What'd we do in Tianjin? So glad you asked. I'm sure there were lots of Chinese-style port-city train-related things we could have done there in Tianjin. But honestly? We just went to McDonalds.

And then we came home.

In front of the train:




The Chinese countryside, moving fast. Really, really fast...


Kyra, making friends with the locals:


Aidan clowning for the camera:


See that guy carrying that huge sack? Lots of elderly sack-carrying guys were wandering in the station. I'm pretty sure I couldn't hoist that sack o' whatever...


Chinese McDonald's:

2 comments:

Erin G said... [Reply]

I love trains (and all public transport, really). the main attraction for me would have been the journey itself!

Simple Answer said... [Reply]

It's definitely the journey, not the destination.

Please. Write your own stuff.