Sunday, March 15, 2009

Boys

Aidan came home from his friend’s house with a big bandage wrapped clumsily around his hand.

“What happened?” I asked.

“I got cut by a sharp pinchy thing.”

I examined the wound – no big deal really, but I did wonder how he’d managed to get hurt, so I proceeded to quiz him about this sharp pinchy thing. No, he didn’t know what it was. No, he didn’t know how it pinched him. No, he didn’t remember where in the house he was when it happened.

So I gave up. His tetanus shots are up-to-date, after all, so what did it really matter?

“Well, then, Aidan,” I asked, changing my line of questioning, “did you have fun at Scott’s house?”

“Oh, yes, mama,” he answered. “We played a game.”

“Really? What did you play?”

“We played ‘Who Can Catch the Sharp Pinchy Thing?’.”

Boys.

8 comments:

Simple Answer said... [Reply]

That's a hoot! Of course, I commend you for not wondering - where was the other parent?????

Erin G said... [Reply]

hahaha! I think the curiosity would kill me. :)

Kelsey said... [Reply]

Haha. It's not just boys. That sounds like something I would have done as a kid.

Connie said... [Reply]

So, did he win?! ;D !

Mylestones said... [Reply]

Hilarious. (Now that it's over, of course, and no one's eyes got poked out by the sharp pinchy thing). :-)

Eugenia V. Colon said... [Reply]

Great story...but then, great children. Gave me just the laugh I needed mid-day.

Hope all are well. Cashel Lane misses you.

Eugenia V. Colon said... [Reply]

P.S. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sotorrific Twins said... [Reply]

Oh My!! they just can't help themselves. Too funny!

Please. Write your own stuff.