Monday, December 1, 2008

A Quick Little Update

November was NaPoBloMo, or some such thing - basically, if you participated, you were supposed to update your blog Every Single Day in November.

As you might have noticed, I did not participate.

But here it is, December 1st, and I should probably write something just so you know I'm still here.

Thanksgiving came and went. We played football - there were lots of teams, including one all female team (yours truly was a stand-out talent). My team played against the Marines. It wasn't even a contest. We beat them by so many points, I lost track. I myself got over three touchdowns. What's that? You don't believe me? Well, it's my blog, so I can tell the story any way I want, and I say I'm a natural wide receiver. Those Marines went home crying from the shame of it all.

After the Turkey Bowl, we had dinner with Bart's boss and all of the Marines. Lots of food. Lots of inappropriate video games, too. Apparently, Marines like to shoot things, even on their days off. My boys were captivated, and I had to shoo them out of the TV room several times.

We had another celebration at our house on Saturday with a few friends. We had a great time - especially Casey, who managed to steal almost an entire ham that our friend left within reach of his doggy teeth. If he could talk, I'm pretty sure he'd say it was The. Best. Thanksgiving. Ever. (Woof. Burp.)

The big news for December is that we're planning a family beach vacation. We're supposed to meet up with my in-laws and one bro-in-law at a beach resort in Thailand. Swimming pools, fruity drinks, scuba diving, pad thai, monkeys...

Of course, the other big news for December is that the international airport in Thailand has been closed - taken over completely by protesters. They want the government to dissolve itself. I just want a fruity drink under an umbrella. Who wins? The in-laws are supposed to get on a plane to Asia within the next couple of days, but we still don't know if we'll be able to hook up with them in Thailand. We've been SO excited about the idea of getting out of here for awhile. And now we're... well, less than thrilled.

Big week ahead for me, with meetings at the Embassy, holiday packages to mail, more holiday shopping to do, and all sorts o stuff.

So that's it for now. I hope that was enough of an update, because it's late and I'm off to bed.

Fingers crossed I get my fruity drink in December...

3 comments:

Cathy said... [Reply]

I'll definitely cross my finger for you! I went to Thailand in 2001--it is so incredibly beautiful. It's been hard to see all the instability there, not to mention the tsunami damage, since we've been there.

Simple Answer said... [Reply]

I've crossed both fingers and toes. That would be a tough call.

Did you beat those Marines with one hand tied behind your back?

Denise said... [Reply]

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I've bookmarked yours-- two of my children are Chinese and I look forward to reading more about your life in China.

Please. Write your own stuff.